|Huerfano County, Colorado|
Family Group Sheets
Richard Brown MUIR
RICHARD BROWN MUIR, son of David Muir, was born 22 Feb 1848 in Falkirk, Scotland, and died 01 Mar 1936 in Walsenburg, Huerfano Co., Colorado. He married (1) KATE PENMAN Bef. 14 Apr 1874. She died Bef. 1880. He married (2) ELIZA LUISA CORBETT 31 Jul 1882 in Walsenburg, Huerfano Co. Co.. She was born 03 May 1869, and died 20 May 1896. He married (3) MARY E. HECKLER 04 Jul 1897 in Rouse, Huerfano Co., Co. She was born Abt. 1857 in Canada.
length of residence - 61 yrs
previous residence - Penn.
Relations: 3 daughters: Mrs. W. A. Rahn of Alamosa, CO; Mrs. Agnes Butler Kervenee of ILL; Mrs. Anna Gilbert of Walsenburg, CO., 1 son, E.C. Muir of Casper, WY, 2 sisters: Mrs. John Templeman of Walsenburg, CO; Mrs. Agnes Holt of Great Falls, MT.
Burial: Masonic Cemetery, Walsenburg, Huerfano Co., CO.
Cause of Death: Shock after breaking hip
Immigration 1: 07 Jun 1869, New York
Naturalization: 29 May 1893, Walsenburg, CO.
Occupation: Retired Coal Miner
Children of RICHARD MUIR and KATE PENMAN are:
1. AGNESS BROWN MUIR, b. 14 Apr 1874; m. (1) GEORGE BUTLER; m. (2) JAMES BARRETT, 31 Mar 1891, Walsenburg, Huerfano Co. Co.
Residence 1: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Residence 2: 31 Mar 1891, Walsenburg, CO.
2. ANNA MUIR, d. West Virginia; m. WRIGHT.
Children of RICHARD MUIR and ELIZA CORBETT are:
1. ENOCH CORBETT MUIR, b. 16 Sep 1883, Walsenburg, CO.; d. 1953; m. GERTRUDE FLEIGH.
Notes: 1930 Census Casper, Natrona, Wyoming
Occupation: Chef - Hotel
2. DAVID ELIZA MUIR, b. 10 Apr 1885, Walsenburg, CO.; d. 22 Jun 1931, Alamosa, Colorado; m. ESTHER MERRITT, 01 Jun 1905, Huerfano County, Co.; She was born abt. 1889, Kentucky.
Occupation: Switchman - Railroad
3. MARY HAMLET MUIR, b. 23 Nov 1886; d. 11 May 1970; m. (1) W. L. RHODES, 22 Apr 1904, Huerfano County; d. 27 Nov 1912; m. (2) William A. RAHN, 31 Dec 1913, Huerfano County, Co.
4. ANNA JULIA MUIR, b. 12 Sep 1888; m. (1) Henry MCNEAL, 13 Jan 1906, Huerfano County, Co; m. (2) R. D. SAUNDERS, 21 Feb 1911; m. (3) Henry C. GILBERT 19 Mar 1921, El Paso County, Co.
Contributed by Lona Laughlin Boudreaux
email address email@example.com
This information may be used for research only.
Commercial use of this information is strictly prohibited without prior permission.
If copied for personal genealogical use, this copyright notice must appear with the information.
Submissions to these pages remain the copyrighted property of the submitter.
Returnto the Huerfano County Home Page